Co-hosting Forum on Brand Ranking Methodology with Top Chinese Experts
On August 15, a forum on brand ranking methodology was organized by the leading Chinese branding consultancy, TopBrand Union.
Leading experts were invited to discuss the current state of methodology and to share their views regarding the rankings published annually by TopBrand Union.
The discussion was hosted by Prof. Wang Yong and Ivo Ganchev, and it included prominent consultants and scholars, including:
- Lang Zhizheng, Member of the International Academy for Quality and Advisor to the Chinese National State Council;
- Yuan Zaiqing, President of the Economics Research Association of China;
- Lu Dapeng, Dean of the SOE Branding Research Institute of Renmin University of China;
- Fu Yongkang, President of Economic View (Economic Bureau of China News Agency);
- Wang Peng, President of the Qingniao Cultural Research Institute at Peking University;
- Li Guangdou, Brand Consultant to CCTV.
An essential part of the discussion was focused on addressing practical constraints and limitations in terms of data collection. Since researching the value of international brands requires vast amounts of data analysis from companies listed on different stock markets, this is an area where the expert group convened by TopBrand Union seeks to make further progress.